Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Vacation with Family

Just returned from exciting trip with my family. This was my oldest daughter's-Gabby-first trip to the beach. I must say that my child was very excited as her little feet hit the warm, soft sand of the crisp white beaches in Gulf Shores, Al. All she could say was "I can see the whole ocean." She was excited to be there and I was happy to take her along with her younger sister of course who could care less about being there.

There is a vast difference in the way a 4 year old sees things and the way a 2 year old sees the same things. Chrissy, short for Christiana, was fixated on the fact that it was too much water to deal with whereas Gabby was at the point of complete euphoria with the fact it was so much water. However, our 7 week old daughter just wanted to get back in the air conditioned car. To watch these two little girls in action was hilarious because one of them wanted to be there and the other one just wanted to play in the sand for five minutes, cling to her daddy, and leave.

It was fun and very rewarding in the sense I finally got to share in a moment without the panic of rushing or worrying about how I was going to get home in time to finish work or what time we should leave. We just truly enjoyed a fun-filled weekend at church then the beach. Oh, and as we were leaving Gulf Shores, I must say the zoo there is very good. The animals we saw were awesome. My wife and I could not believe how big some of those big cats were. The male lion had to be twice all of our sizes together and the white tiger was just as big. Gabby was fascinated by all animals while Chrissy just wanted to look at the birds, any bird whether it was in a cage or just flying around. In any case we just enjoyed being together for a change and I would do it all over again just to see the joy on my families faces.

God created such beauty and we thoroughly enjoyed our little trip. Enjoy what He has to offer and every now and then take time out to "smell the roses."

I Can Make It

No comments: