Monday, April 21, 2008

Truth about Love

Back in the early 90's when I was ask when I was going to or if I was going to get married my response was a $10,000 bet against the idea. But by the time I was in my mid twenties the thought pattern had shifted to not wanting to be alone for the rest of my life. "He that findeth a wife findeth a good thing" saith the Word of God and the search had begun. Some came and some went but one day at my place of employment a young woman caught my eye and captured my heart. Though I was in a relationship my prayers were answered when my eyes laid upon one of God's flowers-I had to win her heart.

All the men at the plant wanted to know who she was and often asked me to give them her name and any other information that could be gained. First I was apprehensive but realized that what was for me was for me and no one else. The question I asked myself was how could I get out of the relationship involving myself and win her. The answer was quite simple don't be a player, be honest if asked if I had a girlfriend, and seek God's will for me (not in that order). As I sought Him the answers I sought came right on time.

Let me tell you what it is like to find that one person destined to be yours. It is like a man who goes into his neighbor's rose garden to find the one rose that stands out from the others. When he goes through the garden he smells some, touches some, stares at some, and very closely examines some but he suddenly spots one rose in the midst of the other roses that is more red, more radiant, healthier, and less spotted than any of the other roses. He asks the owner of the garden can he clear the other roses from that one special rose so that it may stand alone as it should. The neighbor clears all the weeds and other roses away so that it stands alone and the man takes his choice rose; he nourishes it, cherishes it, adores it, and cares for it in a way that the petals maintains their radiant glow.

This is how I look at the woman I chose to be mine. How do you look at yours?

I Can Make It

No comments: